Version 2 didn't require too much pattern adjustment just a little sliver, 1cm, taken of the top of the back skirt piece to resolve the little issue that remained on version 1 and a slight change to the back closure as I didn’t have any 7" Zips but had loads of 5" I added a 2cm extension to the pattern one side of the back yoke to act as an underlap to which I could add some trouser slides (hate sewingbutton holes).
For this version used an amazing linen weave cotton with a navy woven stripe and anchor print I brought at Abakhan back in April with vouchers
the other half Tom got me last Christmas,
I think this is also where I got all my 5” zippers. I’d been saving it for
something special and when I found 4 meters of jumbo chord piping, I assume
intended for upholstery purposes, in the charity shop for £2 I knew it would be
a great pairing.
I love how the piping looks like rope
To make this skirt extra special I chose to line it. The only suitable fabric I had in the stash was some china habotai silk I had left over from a uni project I worked out as being at least 5 years old.
As I wanted to make sure my skirt could be washed fairly simply I chucked it in the washing machine on a handwash setting and it seemed to come out fine. I’d never lined a skirt with a vent before so was a little apprehensive but I stumbled on Sunnis’ great tutorial which covers how to draft and sew a lining.
The lining looks pretty good from the front
The back fastens with a hand pricked, lapped zipper below the the yoke and there are two trouser slides on the yoke. The stripes here show part of the reason I went to the effort to straighten the center back after the back adjustment.
Look ma' no lumps!
I love this skirt! I managed to iron out the fitting issues version 1. It's not really appropriate for the current weather but i think come summer this outfit is gonna get so much wear.
Right I promise I shall be back tomorrow with Version 3